Buffalo Academy Of Science Charter School

Guidance » Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Dear Seniors and Parents,


We are at an imperative time regarding the financial aid process. All seniors have applied for their PIN (Personal Identification Numbers). Parents, if you have not done so yet, please go to www.pin.ed.gov and obtain your PIN number. This is used instead of a signature, as the entire FAFSA process is done electronically.


Parents and students will need the following information to complete the FAFSA application:

  • PIN Number
  • Driver’s License
  • Bank Statement & Investment Information
  • Social Security Number
  • Completed Tax Returns
  • W-2 forms and other records of income for the last year
  • Untaxed income information for the last year


BuffSci will host a "financial aid night" for parents during the Parent Teacher Conferences. Counselors will be available to help Parents fill out the FAFSA and TAP applications.  We look forward to seeing you and assisting you with this critical aspect of the college application process.




Start Here!

  • To apply for federal and New York State financial aid electronically, you and your parents must get a Federal Student Aid Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov . You can use the PIN to "sign" your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically.
  • Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov/ complete and submit the FAFSA, or you can get a paper FAFSA from your high school counselor. Be sure to file early to meet deadlines.

What Happens Next

  • You’ll get a Student Aid Report (SAR) summarizing your FAFSA and including your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC). Review it and make any corrections.
  • You’ll get an award letter from your college stating the aid you can expect if you attend that school. Consider the options outlined in the letter including grants, scholarships, loans and work-study programs.
  • Tell the financial aid office that you accept or reject all or part of the financial aid package. Complete any other forms required by the school.

Apply for Aid Each Year when you’re in College.

  • If you filled out a FAFSA the year before, you can probably use the shorter Renewal FAFSA and TAP application.