The mission of the Buffalo Academy of Science Charter School (BuffSci) is to fulfill the high demands of students in Buffalo from grades 5 to 12, their parents and the community as a whole by addressing the following:
- Providing an excellent academic educational plan with emphasis on math, science, and technology while providing the opportunity for students to excel in any field of study.
- Providing a rigorous, innovative, challenging and enhanced curriculum focused on preparing students per individual basis for college from a community who are not served successfully by public education and cannot afford the private education services.
- Preparing students to become responsible, educated citizens who have the skills and understanding to participate and work productively in a diverse, multicultural, globally oriented environment and who are ready to carry the torch of knowledge, freedom, and prosperity.
- Creating a partnership and participation environment among the student – teacher- parent triad that will provide our youth with the support necessary to reach their highest potential – intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
Buffalo Academy of Science is a tuition-free, college-preparatory charter school teaching students in a diverse community to be successful in a globally-oriented environment, using innovative and dynamic teaching methods with a small student to teacher ratio.
What makes BuffSci different?
- Enhanced science and math curriculum
- Extensive usage of technology
- Individualized instruction with hands-on activities and one to one tutoring
- Parent, student, and teacher cooperation
- College counseling and preparation
- The university and industry connection program