Each year, the Buffalo Academy of Science hosts several extracurricular events to further enrich the Culture of Excellence we have created within our school community. These events not only support the rigorous curricula taught to our students in the classroom, but they serve to bring our individual families together so that we may enjoy our commonalities, while recognizing, appreciating and celebrating our diversity all at once.
We encourage our families to take part in all of our annual events:
- Back to School BBQ - Students and their families join BuffSci staff and their families for an evening filled with fun activities and a cookout to kick off the new school year
- A Taste of BASCS - International food tasting where students, staff and their families share food, music and cultural activities to celebrate the diversity among the BuffSci Family
- Middle School Lock-In - Students spend an overnight in the school participating in lots of fun, getting-to-know-you activities, movies, food, music and more!
- Family Literacy Night - Students and their families join BuffSci staff for a night filled with games, workshops, food and music... all to promote and positively reinforce literacy in our students
- BuffSCi Talent Show - Students lay it all on the line to win the competition, performing an array of talents
- Annual Science Fair - All students (grades 7-11) are required to complete a science project; however, the top experiments are displayed and judged by a distinguished panel for the top prize
- Black History Month Program - Annual celebration of the contributions of people of African descent to our past, present and future global environment
- Annual Poetry Slam - Students from schools all over Buffalo enter to compete in our slam where they perform original works of poetry for our top prize
- Annual Spelling Bee - Traditional competition where BuffSci students compete for the title of top speller